- 1 whole fresh salmon, large (cleaned and without the head and tail)
- 3-4 onions
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups of dill pickle juice
- dill pickles
- Hellmans mayonaise
- dried dill
1. Wash the salmon with cold water. Pat dry with papertowels. Cut 4 strips of alluminum foil that are approximately 8 inches longer and wider than the salmon. Lay 2 down horizontally and then cross them vertically with the 2 remaining sheets.Curl up all of the sides at the end of the alluminum foil creating a pan like effect.
Make sure that the sides are at least the depth of the salmon. Spray the foil generously with Pam. Place the foil on a cookie sheet or in a thin pan.
2. Chop the onion into slices and then make rings out of them. Place some onion rings on the foil creating a bed for the salmon.Coat one side of the salmon with mayonaise and the place the salmon, mayonaise side down, on top of the onions. Open up the salmon and coat it really well inside and out with the mayonaise. Place the remaining onions inside the fish and then put a layer on the top of it (the skin).
3. Pour the pickle juice and squeeze the lemon all over the salmon. Slice some dill picles up into thin slices and place them on top of the salmon. Sprinkle the entire salmon with dried dill. Cover with another piece of alluminum foil. Place on a pre-heated BBQ. Cook on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes or until the salmon becomes light pink or comes away from the skin
easily. Do not over cook. And the BBQ Salmon is ready for a great meal...enjoy it with friends & family ! Great taste of BBQ !