Fresh Grilled Salmon..the great classic grill recipe to try ! A great one !
- 1 cup (250 mL or 2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley or chervil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dried ginger crystals
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cracked black pepper
- 4 thick salmon steaks
- 2 lemons, halved
1. Preheat well-oiled gas grill to medium heat.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan. Mix in lemon juice, parsley, ginger, salt and pepper, stir, and let cool. Baste both sides of the steaks before moving to the grill.
3. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, using a grill turner or spatula to rotate the steak a quarter of a turn after 4 minutes for great grill marks. Baste exposed side again.
4. Flip once, baste, and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork, again, rotating a quarter of a turn after 4 minutes.
5. Halve lemons. Remove salmon from the grill and spritz with lemon juice and drizzles of leftover basting sauce. Salt and pepper to taste...hmm..the great grilled salmon is ready to thrill your appetite...nice ! Enjoy it !