- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for brushing the chicken
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin,, or to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- 1 slice type white bread,, torn into pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes,, seeded and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, seeded and peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast with skin
- (about 1 pound),, halved
In a blender blend together the garlic paste, the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the water, the cumin, the Tabasco, the bread, half the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste until the mixture is smooth, transfer the mixture to a bowl, and stir in the remaining tomatoes, the cucumber, the bell pepper, the onion, and the coriander or parsley.
Brush the chicken with the additional oil, season it with salt and pepper, and grill it on a rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, or in a hot well-seasoned ridged grill pan, covered, over moderately high heat, for 5 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through.
Cut the chicken on the diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices and serve it with the salsa.
The grill recipe of Gazpacho is ready to serve....enjoy the meal ! Nice taste !